Please submit geoscience vacancies to firstname.lastname@example.org
Junior Geoscientist, Ireland
Pay: £40,000 - £50,000 + Package
• client seeks a Geoscientist to work in their Exploration Team, to support the Exploration Manager, providing technical input to many aspects of the exploration business. The successful candidate will also be expected to continue to develop their skills, both technical and personal.
Assistant Professor in Sedimentology, Trinity College, Dublin
- Post Status: Permanent
- Department/Faculty: Geology/School of Natural Sciences
- Location: Museum Building, Main Campus
- Salary: This appointment will be made on the Assistant Professor scale at a point in line with current Government pay policy.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Wednesday 5h June, 2013
This Assistant Professor appointment will be in the broad field of Sedimentology. The appointee will contribute to undergraduate teaching, research and student supervision in the School. The successful candidate will develop an active externally funded programme of research linked to Earth and Environment – an interdisciplinary research theme in the School. The Discipline of Geology at Trinity College Dublin is committed to education that emphasises the importance of field-based investigation and observational skills. The successful candidate will demonstrate their experience in both teaching and conducting field-based sedimentology, together with laboratory-based microscopic description of sedimentary rocks.
Candidates must either hold a Ph.D. in a relevant research area or have submitted their Ph.D. thesis for examination. In the latter case, the application must be accompanied by a letter from the principal supervisor of the Ph.D.
Evidence of research potential and achievements, including publications in a cognate area, and the ability to contribute to undergraduate teaching in the School, including fieldwork are essential.
Ideal candidates will have experience of both small and large group teaching at undergraduate level. Experience of supervising undergraduate dissertations, teaching at Masters level and experience of developing new courses and teaching material, including field-based geology would be an advantage.
The post is tenable from 1st September, 2013.
Further information and full application details are available on https://jobs.tcd.ie
Applications will only be accepted by e-recruitment.
Trinity College Dublin is an equal opportunities employer.
Hydrogeologist & other roles in the Middle East
1. Lead Hydrogeologist: 15 - 20 years’ post graduate experience. Must have a Masters.
2. Senior Hydrogeologist: 10 years post graduate experience. Must have a Masters.
3. Geotechnical Team Leader: 15 – 20 years’ post graduate experience. Must be Charterted
4. Clean Water Modeller: 10 years . Must be Chartered
5. Sewerage Water Modeller: 15 years . Must be Chartered
• Hydrogeologists with a PhD will have a distinct advantage.
If you would be interested in applying for any of these roles please either send me your CV or call me for a confidential discussion.
Alternatively if you are not interested I would be most grateful if you could pass on this information to any colleagues or friends who may be interested.
Global Professional Consultants
Work: 353 1 2078990
Cell: 353 86 8055216